Information Requests: "Can I Help you?"
Water information and data and hydrologic publications from the Utah Water Science Center are available to the public. There may be a charge for some requests, depending on the type, size, and urgency of the request. Information for the topics listed below can also be found on the NWISWeb site. Types of information include:
- Printed publications
- Field measurement notes of surface-water measurements
- Surface-water unit values (data transmitted via satellite from the site)
- Historical surface-water, ground-water, and water-quality data
- Plots of peak streamflows, low-flow frequencies, and flow duration analyses
- Site descriptions
- Copies of well records
- Ground-water and surface-water model programs
The USGS is authorized to charge for requests for data not routinely provided through our Internet site, or requests requiring more than 30 minutes of time to fill.
- Requests taking less than 30 minutes to process - NO CHARGE
- Requests taking 30 minutes to 1 hour requiring scientific expertise- FLAT RATE -$100
- Requests taking 30 minutes to 1 hour that do not require scientific expertise- FLAT RATE -$50
- Requests taking more than 1 hour - Additional charges based on hydrologic expertise of staff
in 15-minute increments and the appropriate FLAT RATES
- Current cooperators
- Congressional request
- Public libraries
- K-12 students or teachers
- College teachers for instructional use
- Educational activities of nonprofit organizations and college students
- Other USGS offices
- USGS employees receiving a request will determine the identity of the requestor and estimate the time required to process it. If the requestor is not included in the pricing exemptions list and processing is estimated to take more than 30 minutes, the employee will inform the requestor about our pricing policy.
- f the requestor accepts the pricing structure, the employee will complete a DATA/INFO REQUEST form and COST WORKSHEET.
- After pricing estimates are completed the USGS will contact the requestor for final confirmation and acceptance.
- Requested material will be forwarded as soon as payment has been received.
Request information by topic:
Contact us directly:
Utah Water Science Center
2329 Orton Circle
West Valley City, UT 84119-2407
Phone: (801) 908-5000
Fax: (801) 908-5001